New South Wales is one of the most environmentally diverse areas on earth and NPA works hard to ensure it remains this way. We are fortunate to still have rainforests, deserts, mangrove swamps, eucalypt forests, alpine herb fields, coastal heaths and grasslands. Yet with only 6% of our state protected as national parks and nature reserves, our biodiversity is under pressure.
Regular monthly donations help NPA to:
- campaign for a comprehensive system of well-managed marine sanctuaries that protect at least 20% of all marine habitat types and land-based protected areas that cover 10% of our western woodlands.
- campaign for greater protection of vulnerable and endangered marine species such as the grey nurse shark by ensuring their critical habitats are protected
- monitor the management and development of current national parks through the Parks Management Committee
- continue to co-ordinate over 1000 NSW residents involved in regular conservation education and activity programs across the state
- run the largest bushwalking program in the Southern Hemisphere - fantastic opportunity to get out and enjoy the very thing we are working to protect – the beautiful natural areas of NSW.
What if I am already a member?
We exist today through the help of our supporters. We invite you to join us
CLICK HERE to download the NPA Membership Application Form 122.94 Kb